Thursday, April 6, 2017

Sleep


Ocean Beach
rainy day at Ocean Beach (Sutro Walk March 2016)




I look forward to the sleep.
not today
or even tomorrow.
the deep sleep of not waking
will happen but not today,
today I move, I breathe,
I hope.
I look for the good in the world,
I keep going.
Some days are grey,
the cloud forms overhead,
voluminous, thick, foamy,
sometimes rain.
The rain comes for days,
and when I think it won't dissipate.
it dissipates.
Grateful for the Sun,
the warm, life-giving,
heartwarming, fingers tingling,
grateful, grass-growing, wind-willing,
growth and green.
The seas seen,
the footpaths walked.
The rose garden admired.
The Bench acquired.
and then
When that day is done,
just one.
I will sleep,
having seen the things I've seen,
and the world I've learned,
good people don't weep.
I will be asleep,
nothing in the world
will bother my mind,
alone and at peace.
Thankful to finally get the sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment