Thursday, April 2, 2015

NaPoWriMo 2015: Day 01


Na po' what? National Poetry Writing Month..(here's their about page) a cousin of the nanowrimo.. (national novel writing month, which is in November!) The idea for this is 30 poems in 30 days in April.. well, that's something to blog about I suppose.. Can I do it?? I don't know if anyone can handle 30 days of #badpoetry hmmmm.. I don't know if I can come up with 30 days of #badpoetry but I guess I could try.. I'm already a day behind..

Yesterday's prompt was "to write a poem that involves describing something in terms of what it is not, or not like." While one probably doesn't have to do the prompt.. I'll go ahead & start it out with some word that pops in my head on my morning walks..


Doorstop



#1
The Doorstop

you thing
along the road forgot.
you thing
wasted, alone but not
remembered until
wanted and then
sought.
behind the door.
along the hall.
in the corner.
desired, then not.
keep in a drawer,
a bucket,
a closet,
nearby but not needed
not necessary til then
you are.. then not.
a brick.
a shoe.
a chair.
a block of wood.
a wedge, but only if
bought.. otherwise
refuse randomly accepted.
keep the door open.


No comments:

Post a Comment