Sunday, April 5, 2015

NaPoWriMo 2015: Day 05

today's prompt was something to do with playing with Emily Dickinson's poetry.. but rather than using her words entirely as suggested and adding to them, I thought I'd start with 'because I could not stop for death' but with a modern angle, and go from there. As usual, it's crap but I'm trying. ;)

#5 Death Comes to Visit

Because I could not stop for death,
he kindly stopped for me.
He picked me up in his shiny
Prius, and purred on to Destiny..
He took me to the movies
and then to a musical show..
another night to dinner,
candles all aglow.
He took his time slowly,
telling me he could wait.
"Patience is a virtue, Dear..
when your time comes,
you'll never be late."


There's a time and place for everything.
much fun to be made,
and friendships to be had..
and the slow pain in the joints
doesn't mean anything truely bad.
and when he dropped me off,
he kissed my hand at the door..
for he had others yet to see.
despite it not being my time,
he'd be back.. eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment